Wednesday, October 10, 2012

After the Cruise-the Recap

As some as may know, I went on a cruise about a month ago. If you read my last post, you will know that I made a few, "plans." Of course, life does not always go as planned, but sometimes it is even better.

To recap, my plans were:
1. Avoid crazy strangers and make friends with mimes.
The Reality: 
The cruise ship did not have mimes! However, we did meet many great people (and dancers, who didn't talk during the show-so they might count). Also, there was a great staff that took wonderful care of us. In fact, it was difficult adjusting to real life after because I had to put my dishes away, cook, make my bed, and a number of other chores were normal before our excursion. 

Some of my favorite people that we met are shown below. We were all assigned to table 386, and were  the loudest/craziest table in the dinning room. I am pretty positive that we ordered more food than other table, maybe in the history of cruising. Once we realized that you can order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts per person, the kitchen did not have a staff. We did try to tone down our ordering by sharing our orders.

Table 386
Below are some of the foods I tried:

Escargot
Lobster
Gator
Duck
Sushi
Cured Salmon
Non-fried Calamary
Strawberry Bisque
Baked Alaska
Sou flee 
Hot Lava Cake

2. Hang out on deck by cute boys that look like they can swim, but are strong enough to stop me from going over.
The Reality:
No one in our party fell over board. However, we did spend a lot of time on the deck. It was one of my favorite parts of the cruise. In fact, I saw a WHALE!!!!! This was a goal of mine, that I had no control over. So, on the last "day at see," I prayed to see one. 

Truthfully, after I realized how tall the boat was, I had no desire to fall over. This was brought into greater perspective when I went para-sailing. Believe it or not, para-sailing is one of the most peaceful experience I have had, except when you feel the jarring...
This is what it looked like!













3. Plan for a disaster; learn to be the first off the boat.
The Reality:

Before you leave port, everyone is required to participate in a practice evacuation. Obviously, this is really low key to most of us sailors. You don't even have to get in the life boat. I was probably the only person on the boat excited about it, and that is because I had made a goal. Unfortunately, I did not succeed in the "typical" sense. I got there a little early, which somehow meant that I was one of the last to line up for the boat. Basically, if it was real, I would be one of the last on. Probably, squeezing myself in between strangers. 

Since I don't like the word failure, I am judging this in other terms. I was one of the first people off the boat at every stop. The word that describes this is...SUCCESS!

4. Make friends with a rich elderly couple.
The Reality:

I do not hang out where rich people hang out. They all spend extra money to go to the spa, buy art, etc. I spent my time going to awesome/free activities such as:

Towel Folding Class
Disco Dance Class
Scavenger hunts with my table (for which I got a trophy!)
Minute to Win it shows
Trivia
Miniature Golf
Etc. 

Overall, the cruise was great! I highly recommend it as the BEST VACATION EVER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment